About this product
Evidence Informed Orthopedic Assessment is a quick reference guide developed for students, instructors, and healthcare providers. Use the Orthopedic Assessment textbook in the classroom and clinic for patient education.
‘Don’t guess, assess.” — Every therapist and doctor should own evidence-informed Orthopedic Assessment.
This text bridges the gap between academics and practical application. Information sources include original research articles with cutting-edge information, 1000s of cadaver dissections, and decades of evidence-based, multidisciplinary clinical experience. We demo with different sized practitioners (5ft/100lbs female vs. 6ft/170lbs male) to show variation in biomechanics and gender application. This text is supported by 1000s of student, clinician and instructor resources, videos, quizzes and patient handouts available on prohealthsys.com (palpation, muscle testing, orthoneuro tests, CE seminars and more).
‘Assessment is therapeutic’ — your application of skills helps to create a more accurate list of potential pathology, treatment options, and relationship of trust and confidence with your patients. This text will help establish you as the expert you are.
- Execute the steps of effective clinical assessment including indications, CIs, DDx, position, contact, biomechanics and kinesiology
- Chapter quizzes and online testing material
- Video of ROM, orthopedics and regional exams
- Chapter learning objectives and outcome markers
- Regional quizzes and grading rubrics
- Follow-up evidence-based orthopedic assessment and orthopathology texts
Designed for Use in Practice and a Valuable Study Guide
The content, illustrations and layout format are designed to be useful during practice, and in the classroom for procedures, interpretation, clinical notes, ranking, and supportive videos accessible online. This includes current evidence best practices, with over 3500 references. There is even an eye chart, pain scale, rulers, and pupil gauge right on the back cover to use on-the-go.
In addition, this text is a valuable study guide to prepare for National Board Exams, State/Province Board Exams, Clinical Skills Examinations and many other standardized licensure examinations.
- Over 3500 Illustrations and Images
- Regional learning objectives and tests
- Pocket-Sized and Portable
- Online Video, Image and Text Resources
- Multidisciplinary Peer Reviewed (DC, DO, MD, ND, PhD, PT, RMT, RN)
- Clear Presentation and Logical Format Saves Time
- Perfect for Licensure and Board Exam Review
- A Must-Have for Clinic and General Practice
Print Version ISBN: 978-1-989392-09-6
Weight: 1.66 lb /.75kg
Author: Dr. Nikita A. Vizniak
Edition: 7th (2021)
Weight: 0.8 kg