About this product
All back pain has a cause – your challenge is to identify your specific cause and address it. The modern medical system, with 15 minute appointments does not provide the opportunity for a back pained sufferer to obtain a thorough and precise diagnosis of their pain mechanism. They are left without a guide of what to do to fix their back pain.
Back Mechanic guides you through a self-assessment of your pain triggers, then shows you how to avoid these roadblocks to recovery. Whether you’re struggling with a disc bulge, stenosis, spondylolisthesis, muscle strain, or even leg pain associated with a herniated disc, you will be able to wind down your discomfort and match your unique symptoms with the approach that is right for you. Then effective exercises are coached in a step by step progressive guide. Many questions are answered that have eluded answers in the past. Spine expert, Prof. McGill used his 30 years of research findings and clinical investigations to create this evidence-based guide that has helped thousands reclaim their lives. This knowledge is now available to you in this richly illustrated book. You will become your own best Back Mechanic and advocate.
About the Author
Stuart McGill, PhD, is a professor at the University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and a world-renowned lecturer and expert in spine function, injury prevention, and rehabilitation. He has written more than 300 scientific publications on lumbar function, mechanisms of low back injury, investigation of rehabilitation programs matched to specific categories of back pain patients, and the formulation of work-related injury avoidance strategies. He has received several awards for his work, including the Volvo Bioengineering Award for Low Back Pain Research from Sweden.
McGill has been an invited lecturer at many universities and delivered more than 300 addresses to societies around the world. As a consultant, he has provided expertise on assessment and reduction of the risk of low back injury to government agencies, corporations, professional athletes and teams, and legal firms. He is one of the few scientists who, in addition to performing research, is regularly requested by the medical profession to consult with challenging patients from around the world.
Author: Stuart McGill
Publisher: Backfitpro Inc.
Weight: 0.5 kg
Introduction and overview
The way to a pain-free and robust back
Section 1: “Why me?” Understanding your pain
2. Back to basics: Getting to know your back and causes of pain
3. Is surgery for you?: The essential list
4. The Code: Rules and guidelines for back health
Section 2: Self assessment: Finding the cause of your back pain
5. Use the McGill approach to find your pain trigger
6. Your self-assessment
Section 3: The repair job: Using the right tools to make activity pain-free
7. Removing the cause of pain: Learning basic movement tools
8. Spine hygiene: moving without pain
9. Building a resilient back: The non-negotiable “Big 3” exercises
10. The walking program: Nature’s back balm
11. The core program
12. Restoring the hips
Section 4: Tuning the machine for best performance
13. Next level training: Regaining your active lifestyle
14. Special exercises for sciatica, kyphosis, scoliosis, stenosis, the overweight and others
15. Solutions that solve back pain: Case studies and sample programs
16. Q and A with the Professor: Sex, selecting a mattress, and other things you were afraid to ask
Appendix: Exercise Logs
18. Pain and activity ability
19. Exercise log
There are no reviews yet.