About this product
Evidence Informed Joint-Play and Mobilization is a reference guide designed for students, instructors, and healthcare providers. This textbook provides concise, easily accessible information on joint play and mobilizations, muscle energy, myofascial techniques, and much more…
“Movement = health and motion is life.” — Joint mobilization is a physical therapy technique designed to relieve pain and muscle spasms, release tension, and improve flexibility in a joint. With joint mobilization, the physical therapist applies gentle passive movements to the joint, which stretches the tissue, and restores joint play. These motions stretch and strengthen the surrounding tissue helping reduce pain and spasm, and increasing mobility.
Joint-Play and Mobilization is a companion to Orthopedic Conditions, Muscle Manual, and Orthopedic Assessment. This text bridges the gap between academics and practical application. Information sources include original research articles with cutting-edge information, 100s of cadaver dissections, and decades of evidence based, multidisciplinary clinical experience. We demo with different sized practitioners to show variation in biomechanics and gender application (5ft/100lbs female vs. 6ft/170lbs male).
- Execute the steps of effective mobilizations and joint-play including indications, CIs, position, contact, tissue pull and vectors
- Chapter quizzes and final exam
- Video of ROM, special tests, and mobilizations
- By chapter learning objectives and outcome markers
- Regional quizzes and grading rubrics
- Follow-up evidence based Orthopedic Assessment and orthopathology texts
Joint-Play & Mobilization is a valuable study guide to prepare for National Board Exams, State/Province Board Exams, Clinical Skills Examinations and many other standardized licensure examinations.
- Over 2000 Illustrations and Images
- Regional learning objectives and tests
- Online Video, Image and Text Resources
- Multidisciplinary Peer Reviewed (DC, DO, MD, ND, PhD, PT, RMT, RN)
- Pocket-Sized and Portable
- Clear Presentation and Logical Format Saves Time
- Perfect for Licensure and Board Exam Review
- A Must-Have for Clinic and General Practice
Print Version ISBN: 978-0-9936191-4-4
Author: Dr. Nikita A. Vizniak
Edition: 1st (2021)
Weight: 0.6 kg